How SUNSCREEN works
Protect your skin from UV Rays, be smart about sunscreen.
- Always use sunscreen while stepping out in sunlight
- Do use sunscreen to keep your skin tone even
- Sunscreen protects you from premature aging
- Do apply sunscreen thickly and thoroughly.
- Pick a sunscreen with a minimum SPF of 30 or higher.
- Use the sunscreen at least 20 to 30 minutes before you go outdoors
- Reapply the sunscreen every 2-3 hour for maximum protection
- Water-resistant sunscreen is effective for 40 -80 minutes after being in the water
- Do cover all exposed areas, including your ears, lips, face, and back of your hands
- Use water-based /gel-based sunscreen if you oily skin or you are prone to acne.
How to select a SUNSCREEN?
By choosing the right sunscreen can help reduce your risk of skin cancer & early skin aging caused by the Sun.
Dermatologist says sunscreen should have:
Means sunscreen protects your skin from UVA & UVB rays both, of which may cause cancer.
SPF 30 OR HIGHER
Sun Protection Factors is a measure of how long you get protection from the Sun.
A Dermatologists recommend using SPF 30 or Higher.
WATER-RESISTANT OR VERY WATER-RESISTANT
For up to 40 or 80 minutes. Sunscreens are not waterproof or sweatproof and need to be reapplied every two hours or after swimming
Remember, sunscreen alone can’t fully protect you. In addition, seek shade and wear sun-protective clothes, including a wide-brimmed hat and sunglasses and wherever possible.
How much sunscreen, you need to apply to your body?
30 Gm for full body
- 1/2 TSP – FACE & NECK
- 2 TSP – EACH ARM
- 2 TSP – TORSO
- 2 TSP – EACH LEG
PHYSICAL VS. CHEMICAL SUNSCREEN
This sunscreen works like a Sheild; It stays on the surface of your skin, deflecting the suns’ rays.
- Titanium Dioxide
Go for this sunscreen if you have sensitive skin.
Effective Immediately after applying.
This sunscreen works like a sponge, absorbing the Sun’s rays.
- Homosalate Octinoxate
This formulation leads to be easier to rub into the skin without leaving a white residue.
It takes 20-30 minutes to be effective.
Since exposer to the Sun’s harmful UV rays is the most preventable factor for Skin Cancer, Protect your skin by
- Seeking Shade
- Wearing sun-protective clothes
- Applying sunscreen to all exposed area
SAY YES TO SUNSCREEN, SAY NO TO SUNBURN